Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fully Vested

Some of you might remember this jacket, when it was a jacket that is, from three years ago, when I replaced the sleeve linings and covered over the lining on the center back with eco dyed fabric so the original flannel lining wouldn't show.

Yesterday it got remade into a vest.  I've wanted a non-fleece vest for years.  Yesterday morning, thinking it would be nice to have a non-fleece vest to wear on my walk, and then thinking how neat it would be to just cut the sleeves off one of my men's shirts, and then finding this jacket in my closet, still not worn since I replaced parts of the lining three years ago...less than two hours later I had the vest of my dreams.

A few of you have expressed interest in hearing what I have to say about food.  I'm planning that post for this Saturday.  It's also been suggested by several readers that I write my autobiography.  I'm not sure that I'm up for that ~ I'll need to think about it.  But I really do appreciate all your support and encouragement of my more personal posts.  And I'm loving your comments, as always.

Happy rest of the week.  xo

5 comments:

Jan said...

Great vest!

I think your life experience is emblematic of many people during that span of time. Post hippy with many hippy values and ideals. I mean that in the best sense. :-) I feel that books that thoughtfully reflect on our recent past are very valuable.There. Now your have the germ of a query letter!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Awesome vest!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like this vest ... a vest is so perfect for cool summer mornings or evenings! Love pockets too!

Alice said...

If you call it a memoir, not an autobiography, maybe it wouldn't seem so daunting. Your writing style is so personal and interesting--I have been enjoying reading your observations, and I'd also love to read your memoirs!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Perfect re-use. Enjoy it on your walks. xox