Monday, June 2, 2014

Lazyland

Art Journal page, May 2014
It's Junuary here on the North Coast.  That's what we call it when it's cold and overcast for much of the day, but in June instead of January.  Happens every year.

Reading continues apace.  Since I last wrote, I've read a book I enjoyed a lot called The Collective by Don Lee.  It's about a trio of Asian American art students in college and beyond.  I hope to read Lee's other two novels soon.  I'm nearly finished with Laurie King's The Beekeeper's Apprentice, also very enjoyable.  Next I'll read Michael Pollan's Omnivore's Dilemma.

Still no thunderbolts of inspiration on the artmaking front.  At some point I'll probably have to just lay out some creative plans for myself and follow them.  Do the work, in other words...put in the time.  That is, if I want to.  And right now I don't.  When that niggling sense of partial boredom gets stronger, perhaps then.

From lazyland, have a great week!  xo 

7 comments:

Leslie said...

There's something about a Ferris wheel... takes me back to childhood when the circus came to town. That image with the Eiffel Tower in the background great. Would love to see the view from up there.
Your collages often inspire me to try to figure out the connection and the story of the various elements.

Michele Unger said...

I am so grateful for your reading lists. I am always on the lookout for a good book and you've give me quite a few choices It's wonderful when a like mind has read something and recommends it!

We call it Junuary, too, here in the Seattle area. Although, knock wood, so far it's been glorious weather. Blue skies, sun, gentle breeze. You'd almost think it were summer!

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Electric Lazyland!

Jacki Long said...

I love your posts from wherever you are at the moment. "Lazyland" sounds appealing.

Whether artwork or literary, your perspective is always stimulating and inspiring.

Maggi said...

Not lazy land at all, just a time to feel content.

john said...

You are so good to yourself. Finding time to read has become a luxury, one that I need to reclaim

You had me with the ferris wheel and Paris photo. :-)

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice ferris wheel...love the black and white collage. Omnivore's Dilema you will enjoy. xox