Friday, May 2, 2014

Shelfies

Amy Duncan posted about the latest craze on her blog recently, to upload photos of our shelves instead of our selves on Instagram.  Great idea.  No Instagram for me, so I won't be playing with the big guys.  Nevertheless here are three shots of my studio shelves.

Largely I don't have room to collect stuff other than my own work, books and art supplies.  Who cares, right?  All of this stuff is photo-worthy.

Lest you wonder, I'm definitely planning to resume creative play soon, with painting in particular, at the other end of my art sabbatical.  There's nothing like clearing the air of immobilizing thoughts and self-created pressure.

I'm not there quite yet, though.  I continue reading a lot, not just novels and materials about creativity.  I'm also reading books about women in our later years, about creative aging, and pondering what it is I aim to be up to for the rest of my life (read: how to productively spend my time from here on out).  Which brings up the issue of commitment.  Which I'm also looking at in light of my life thus far, and the rest of it.

Have a great weekend!  xo


9 comments:

amy of four corners design said...

I love your shelfies! as the epitome of showing an aspect of yourself that I believe is more telling than any selfie, I certainly get a good glimpse into you...thanks for giving it a shot Connie...and thanks too for the shout-out...

Jan said...

I love your books! Would you consider sharing the titles you are reading on women in our later years and creative aging? What novels catch your interest?

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Shelfies! That's too funny.....

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Actually quite a cute idea, shelfies.....got lots of those. Nice displays on yours too. xox

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Love the colour in your shelves. Mine would be either mixed books or complete mess.

Maggi said...

I love that your shelves seem to reflect you rather than just being a collection of items.

Like Jan, I too would be interested in the titles, if you would be happy to share.

john said...

This is a cool idea. If one saw my shelves they would understand my abstractness!

Jeannie said...

I love your shelves! They are so interesting and full of things you love. Your artwork sprinkled in is beautiful.

Leslie said...

Great shelves! Did you make the folk art fabric kitties?