Friday, May 16, 2014

Shelfies Again

More shelfies, this time from my front studio, which I refer to as my mixed media studio.  Not that it really makes much difference.  A couple things, the colored pencils in the next photo specifically, have been moved into my painting studio since I took the photo.  So I can draw, too, once I get started.

The cool calendar at bottom right of the first photo was made by Terry Garrett, of Whisperwood Artworks.  A digitally created page for each month, the year fits in a CD jewel box.  Very cool.

I gessoed numerous substrates yesterday ~ gesso alone on some, and with other goopy stuff on the others...fiber paste, modeling paste, coarse molding paste, acrylic ground for pastels.

And then I made color charts of all my acrylic paints.  It helps so much to see everything together and in relationship to other paints in the same hue group.


Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!  xo

9 comments:

john said...

Love seeing the shelves and Terry's calendar. I have one, too. I should now be motivated by your organization to do some cleaning!

MegWeaves said...

I thought for a second there you went out and got more cats! LOL.

Jacki Long said...

I do love seeing your shelves ... so true you can tell a lot! Plus I like seeing what and where things are stored. I too treasure my calendar by Terry... what a talent, right? Love your blog! ♥

Michele Unger said...

Now I am depressed.....IF I ever have shelves as neat tidy and attractive as yours I know it won't last. It would not last a weekend. Maybe 24 hours, but that's pushing it!

Charlton Stitcher said...

What wonderful shelves - and all the stuff so accessible too. My things are all in boxes with lids. Makes me think. Maybe it stops me putting things away - or maybe I'm just untidy.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Good to see you're getting going again. I bet you've been brewing some great ideas, whether you consciously know it or not!

And, yes, I love looking into others' workspaces! Thanks for these peeks into yours.

Leslie said...

What fun to see more of your stuff. All the bits of art tucked here and there. Like many of the other commenters, I love seeing other people's methods of storing various things. What types of things do you keep in the ice cube trays? Just little whatevers, or something specific?

Maggi said...

A lovely further view into your home. Thank you.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

You look so well organized. I love photos of studios :-)