- Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen. A memoir, very enjoyable.
- Last Gift of Time: Life Beyond 60 by Carolyn Heilbrun. Also a memoir, really, and also a good read.
- The Gift of Years ~ Growing Older Gracefully by Joan Chittister. Not specific to women, and very enlightening about what the last third of life can be about, if one is open to the blessings of age. As I know we all are, right?
- Fearless Creating by Eric Maisel, Ph.D.
- The Zen of Creativity ~ Cultivating Your Artistic Life by John Daido Loori
- World Enough & Time ~ On Creativity and Slowing Down by Christian McEwan
- Free Play ~ Improvisation in Life and Art by Stephen Nachmanovitch (I actually just order a used copy of this yesterday from Amazon)
There really is something to be said for a good chunk of time away ~ a real vacation, a sabbatical. I think I've taken maybe one real vacation in my entire life, and that required a lot of work in its own right. My current hiatus is well deserved and well earned.
Have a great week. xo