Monday, May 5, 2014

More Shelfies

More small peeks into my world...

A couple readers asked which books I've been reading, especially the ones about women aging.  So here they are:

On the creativity front, I am reading and/or re-reading:

I'm using my time these days for a lot of reading and personal writing, giving my art making a rest for now and letting my creativity regenerate.  I'm finally beyond the guilt stage ~ the guilt of not making anything.  I'd never let myself take more than a couple days off, a week at most, in the past because I was afraid I'd never get back into things.  I'm no longer afraid to stop for a while, because I know I'll get back to it when I'm good and ready.  When my muse has reawakened.

There really is something to be said for a good chunk of time away ~ a real vacation, a sabbatical.  I think I've taken maybe one real vacation in my entire life, and that required a lot of work in its own right.  My current hiatus is well deserved and well earned.

Have a great week.  xo

11 comments:

Jacki Long said...

Good for you Connie!
I am happy for you!
Enjoy! ♥

amy of four corners design said...

you sound like you have a good plan...I'll be taking June off and I am so looking forward to it! In midst of reading Anna Quinlan's book myself...love her writing and her insights...Nora Ephron is another good one...a little lighter tone but provocative nonetheless...

Susan Christensen said...

Gosh, thank you for these book recommendations, Connie. As you may imagine from knowing a bit about my current situation I am thinking A LOT about aging these days. (I applaud your sabbatical, btw, and your banishment of guilt).
xxxooo, sus

Jeannie said...

Replenishing the well is a good thing and I am glad you are taking the time to do so. Anna Quinlan is coming to our state next spring and we are going to hear her speak. Have you read any of Sue Bender's books? I read Plan & Simple when it first came out and have loved each of her books since. Have a beautiful week!

Peggy Lynn said...

Love the book lists...and if I had shelves that beautiful, I'd be taking pictures of them!! Enjoy!

john said...

Great hats! You are so tidy. Please come for a visit. I have a job for you! Hugs!

Jan said...

I'm beginning to feel like a voyeur now, peeking at your shelves. Thanks for the book titles, I shall check them out, I'm always on the look out for good book recommendations.

Jeanne Aird said...

Taking a break is fine! You know the wheels are always turning at some level in your head. Creativity often needs this incubation time and you will come out of it refreshed and energized, as you know.I loved Anna Quindlen's book. I'm reading Anita Shreve, "Still Life with Breadccrumbs" So far, I've really enjoyed it.Enjoy your rest.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Nice hats, and, um, cats. xox

Michele Unger said...

Thanks so much for the book list! Much appreciated.

Maggi said...

Thank you for the book list Connie. I love your hats by the way.