I intend to keep doing this several times a week. I'm especially loving experiencing the natural rhythm of my days without technological intervention of any kind. Since I also don't have a cellphone, this non-techno freedom is easy to bring about. And a total pleasure.
Long-time readers will already know that I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. I've taken Facebook holidays and threatened to leave before, but I'm really going to do it this time. This time I mean it. Many of my blog readers are also on Facebook, but many are not. I'm going with the latter group now. The only thing I still like about Facebook is the worldwide community of friends I've met, all of them artists in their own right. Oh well ~ if it's meant to be, we'll stay in touch via email...and if that doesn't happen, well, there you go.
I realize I don't need to elaborate further, but I will anyway...because I rather like voicing to the world exactly who I am ~
- I want to better use my time, my life energy, even if I'm "doing nothing"
- I already don't fit in with the culture at large, and I no longer care to try to
- I really like being alone, solo, silent, with my own thoughts or reading or creating, in my own kind of vacuum
- I like my own art a lot more when I'm not looking at it in comparison to other artists' work...and when I'm online (Facebook primarily) I'm always judging my work consciously or unconsciously
- It doesn't help me to read about bad things going on in the world, it only keeps my innate pessimism and cynicism at uncomfortably high levels
- The older I get, the more I'm loving S-L-O-W living
However ~ I have no intention or desire to give up my blog. I love blogging. I read well over 100 other blogs (really only about 20 posts a day in total), love meeting other artists via our blogs, and I honestly feel more connected with people through blogging than I ever have via Facebook. I'll still be right here, so don't you go anywhere.
I don't know how much QA costs these days, but these two issues were $7.99 each. I'm selling the set for $10 plus $6 priority shipping (U.S. sales ONLY). There are 3 sets.
I've been reading a lot, as always. Here are three excellent book recommendations ~
- Still Life With Breadcrumbs, Anna Quindlen
- Flight Behavior, Barbara Kingsolver
- Cooked, Michael Pollan