Sunday, February 9, 2014

One Woman's Hands

Today I'm featuring just some of the lovely work by Leslie Sowden of One Woman's Hands.

I met Leslie (online) middle of last year, via one of the many group swaps at Karen Isaacson's Mail Me Some Art.  I decided fairly quickly that the group swap thing wasn't my cuppa, but Leslie and I hit it off.  We've been doing one-on-one swaps, often using one of the group swap ideas to do our own thing.

These are just a few of the great postcards Leslie has sent me.  And below, bless her heart, is a care package that arrived in the mail last month.

Check out Leslie's blog.  She is quite the mixed media maven.

5 comments:

girlunwinding said...

It is always really nice when you make a connection like that. I guess I am still waiting on mine. Oh well, the mail art still goes out because it's fun regardless.
I like that you take some of the themes and put your own twists on it. That is awesome.
I will be checking out her blog next.
~Dawn

Karen Isaacson said...

I love the way that connection was made. group swapping is certainly not everyone's cuppa, as you say. I participated in all kinds of organized swaps when I started out a few years ago, and over time a few special connections were made, and now it's much more satisfying to exchange on a personal level.

MegWeaves said...

Goodness me, did you have a look at her studio pics??? Drool!

Leslie said...

Ha! Thanks, Connie! So weird to see myself as the subject of someone else's blog post.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Great post about your mail art pal (and mine).She does wonderful work and I find her work 9and yours) very inspiring. Thanks for the post about your pal.