Friday, February 21, 2014

Mod Squad

This was the final exercise in lesson six and the end of the class.  The challenge was to create a modular painting based on an earlier work in the class.  I chose the two 9 x 9 inch pieces below for my inspiration.  The modules above are each 5-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches.  The idea of modular piece is that it is one piece of art made up of smaller units.  Although they could be rearranged.

I did nine small pieces, my original thinking being that I would create a nine-patch modular painting.  But I pulled out from the batch the three I liked the least.  What I like best about the six above is their simplicity.  Oh, and the colorway.

Don't forget about the Giveaway happening now.  
Leave a comment to enter every day until the drawing, if you like.  Full details here.

10 comments:

Ineke said...

It's amazing how you did all so well.

Maggi said...

Any of these would look really good displayed together.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

I agree! And they would look great in my house! Lol

Von said...

And the Roll Continues.... LOVING LOVING LOVING

john said...

So how do you feel now that you have completed the class? You really pushed through until the end with success all around.

jenclair said...

I'm so impressed with the pieces you've created from this class!

Suus said...

What I see is that there is a connection with each other. The thin lines are also so beautiful that is really an extra addition.

Unknown said...

These would make beautiful cards that could be sold in packets of 5 or6. They really are gorgeous. Marybeth

Charlton Stitcher said...

I love these - modular is always good. Each little piece is a gem and the end result when they're placed together is so much more than just the sum of the parts.

... and do I detect gentle, muted orange? - since my recent quest over on my blog, I seem to see it everywhere!

Emma said...

you could print for cards, but oh no, this is the start of many beautiful pieces of (modular or not) wall art.