Thursday, February 20, 2014

Long and Lean

This trio satisfied the first part of the actual work of lesson six...which was to create a series of pieces based on any earlier piece we did in the class.  My original collage is below.  The tall pieces are 22 x 4 inches; the original is 9 x 9 inches.  Class participants chose different sizes for their series, not necessarily the long format I chose, and some folks' series pieces were of varying sizes.  I found in the warm-up exercise that I really liked working in odd-sized formats.


Don't forget about the Giveaway happening now.  
Leave a comment to enter every day until the drawing, if you like.  Full details here.

13 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Are the tall 3 pieces for sale? If so, please email me!

john said...

Really great pieces. I love that you did them long and thin.

Jacki Long said...

These are great, and I like your size selection. I really enjoy seeing your art each day! A great way to start my day. ♥

MegWeaves said...

I still like the right, second top, from yesterday the best. And 775 to go!!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like these three long thin abstracts ... like scrolls!

Henriette said...

Again, like your style, love the dots, scribbles and the color combination :-)

Henriette said...

and circles xxx :-)

Maggi said...

I do like the long skinny format.

jenclair said...

I, too, love the long and skinny! How great these three would look on my wall!

Leslie said...

Cool size and I like the bit of blue with the blacks and oranges and yellows. They'd look good on a skinny strip of wall where nothing else fits.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Well, now...that's pretty fun!

Charlton Stitcher said...

More loveliness missed on Thursday by being away from my PC. (note to self - must buy an ipad or similar!) I especially like the piece on the right with its haphazard wandering lines and sense of balance. Great work!

Emma said...

oh my, I'm doing lesson 6 with you in spirit, just stunning!