Saturday, February 1, 2014

Illumination

Today is the reveal for Art Squared's illuminate challenge.  My piece is 12 inches square on canvas board.  I painted numerous layers on the background, then applied molding paste through a hand cut stencil, then finished off with several more layers of paint.  There are a lot of subtle metallic colors that are difficult to see in the photo.

Although I usually don't post on Sundays, tomorrow I'll be starting a series of Sunday posts featuring mixed media work by several of my online artist friends ~ specifically those folks who are my mail art buddies who also have blogs of their own.  See you then.

6 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Love the subtle colors, and the TEXTURE!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Beautiful. Wonderful balance in both placement of elements and subtle shading. I've read a lot about molding paste but this is the first time I've seen it used in a way that shows its effectiveness.

Jeannie said...

Connie! This is beautiful!!! I love the subtle colors and the textures. Wow! That is saying a lot since I tend not to like pastels. :)It is exquisite!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Lovely! I really like the 3D of your stencil, and the rich textures of your background...

john said...

Love your texture and color choices. It is soothing.

Judy said...

STUNNING Connie!! I adore it!!

Well done!

xxoo
Judy