Monday, January 27, 2014

Stamp Heads

A recent craze in the mail art/mixed media world is to create ATCs or postcards featuring peoples' heads on postage stamps.  Last Friday I made myself a batch of ATCs to send to mail art peeps.  All the backgrounds are ads or early photos from vintage magazines.

I added bits of washi tape where the magazine image didn't cover the ATC, then a few words from an old book.

After rooting through my entire collection of postage stamps, I can say without a doubt that the one person in the world who is immortalized on more stamps worldwide than anyone else, is Queen Elizabeth.  Hail to the Queen.

12 comments:

Meg Fowler said...

These are so cool! And that Queen sure does get around ... traveling to lots of countries and gettin' herself put all over their stamps. LOL

Roberta said...

Pretty funny!

Charlton Stitcher said...

What a fun idea and a clever solution ... and yes, she sure does get around. At 88 that can't be bad!!

Karen Isaacson said...

These are quite wonderful. The queen has been up to many royal shenanigans.

ileneharris said...

Where are the topless ones of Liz? Oh, I forgot. She doesn't approve of that...

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, how fun! And funny!!!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Those are very cool!

Susan Christensen said...

rockin' Stampheads, Connie!
-sus

john said...

Very clever, Connie!

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Of course I absolutely love these!!!!

PamelaArtsinSF said...

now that I see them on my laptop and not on my phone I love them even more -- excellent!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Wonderful! I'm suspecting some more stamps with heads will be making their way to you, now that I know you like them... ;-)