Wednesday, November 6, 2013

More Cruciform

I painted a few more cruciform pieces early this week ~ these are the best two.  Today we move onto a new lesson.

My first couple of pieces for the cruciform lesson began with collages of magazine images.  Subsequently, though, I didn't like the them and covered over them with other paper.  I found that I vastly prefer to use hand painted papers for collage paintings than magazine photos.  Which is an interesting discovery for me since I use magazine images freely in other collage work.

I'm definitely putting to good use all those papers I printed a month or so ago.  A few of those have gone into my stash to digitally print for backgrounds, but most are being torn up and used.

10 comments:

john said...

You are meant for cruciform. Great all around, color, texture, shape.....

Betty Eilat said...

Love your results. It is so smart to have a bank of printed paper and pull them out at th right moment.
Brilliante :)

Betty Eilat said...

Sorry for the mistakes...

PamelaArtsinSF said...

These look terrific!!!!

pru barry said...

Keep putting paint on those brushes! You are making beautiful art!

Leslie said...

I knew what the word meant in a general sense but not as it applied to art. These are great - you've grasped the concept very well. Is this a Jane Davies course?

Sandra Rude said...

Love the layering in these!

Maggi said...

Both work really well.

Charlton Stitcher said...

These are lovely. Do tell me what course you're doing.

jenclair said...

Wow! So cool, Connie!