Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Full Life

I'm feeling especially thankful today for the full life that I have ~ full of wonderful people, many of whom I may never meet in person, full of creativity, full of good health, full of peace and tranquility.

In addition to continuing on with my recent creative pursuits ~ painting and collage ~ I am taking an online class called The Thread That Weaves from Roxanne Stout.  I'll be making an artist book, trying to bring together in one place the elements that run through my art/my life.  Knowing me, there will likely be two or more artist books here ~ how can I possibly get all the pieces of my art/my life in one book.

I also just joined Teesha and Tracy Moore's new adventure, The Artstronauts Club.  Membership includes full access to daily-weekly-monthly goodies such as printables, tutorials, inspiration, articles and more.

I am more than amply blessed with time, and that would be quality time to do my own thing.  Despite aging, as we all are, I have never felt this sense of freedom at any other time in my life.  In many ways I feel I am growing younger, because my early life was so difficult and I missed the good parts of childhood and adolescence.

I have been blessed with good health.  And the older I get, the less I take that for granted.

I am solo in life ~ on my own with no family relations.  The older I get, the more of a blessing that becomes.  This is the first Thanksgiving that I can honestly say I haven't had even a twinge of feeling left out or alone.  I'm rocking my life on my own and I love it.

The torii gate in the collage above symbolically represents the transition between the material, profane world and the spiritual, sacred life.  Often, I feel that I live in that place.  Eternally grateful.

11 comments:

Els said...

A wonderful day to you Connie !

Jacki Long said...

Beautifully said Connie. It seems we are on a similar course in so many ways. So I relate to 80% as I do have extensive family.
I make cards and I have one that is a big seller that fits you and I, and I will put it in the mail to you tomorrow. It's perfect! :o) Have a wonderful day.

Jeannie said...

I was just coming to check on you and then you have a post that hit me right between the eyes. You descibe so much of how I feel right now. I am so grateful to have found you, BeeGee, and Rose Cottage. You constantly inspire me not only artwise, but to live fully. Thank you, dear friend. The classes look fantastic! I am really intriqued by the thread concept in artwork. xoxo

Leslie said...

I am not near grateful enough so it's good to read posts like yours, to remind me. I'm glad you're in a good place.
I became an Artstronaut a few days ago and have explored the site a bit. Hope it proves interesting.

Susan Christensen said...

Hello, Connie - I just checked into the thread that weaves and may well register for this workshop. Seems like it would be very apropos at this moment in my creative life. Anyway, I am grateful for your friendship and the inspiration I find in every one of your posts.
-sus

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I enjoyed this post. Lots to ponder. Good for you. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Maggi said...

You really do seem to be in a good place at the moment Connie. I can relate to this and look forward to seeing the outcome of your new ventures.

tiedyejudy said...

A lovely post, Connie! And I am so glad you are at the place you are now... fully engaged in your creativity and in a state of gratitude for all you have now, in spite of all that went before! May you have many more days filled with blessed good health and enjoyment of your pursuits!
Hugs,
Judy

Charlton Stitcher said...

Such an inspiring piece - thankfulness expressed so movingly. I think we miss a great deal here in the UK - no day to give thanks in this specific and focused way. Maybe we should invent one ...

ginigin said...

A beautiful collage and sentiment. I am so thankful that we are penfriends. Even if we never meet, it's wonderful to share the journey by pen and paper. The body may age, but that doesn't mean that heart, mind, and soul can't cycle back around to youth. Life is a spiral after all.
I skimmed the email about Artstronauts and was meaning to go back and actually read it - if you've joined that's all the more incentive to join. I'm not so good at keeping up with online classes, but do need the shared inspiration. See you there!

Maria Sarah said...

BERNINA Embroidery Software Designer Plus 6
Version 6 Bernina Embroidery Software

BERNINA Embroidery Software Designer Plus Version 6

Bernina Designer Ver 3.0
Bernina Designer Plus Ver 4.0V
Bernina Designer Plus Ver 5.0P

contact us:software4garments@gmail.com

http://software4garments.blogspot.com/

Find Also software4garments with full Crack/License Download :

Lectra Modaris V6r1 Full Download
Garments,Textile,Knitting & Jacquard,embroidery,Fabrics,Vector & Shoe Design
'PDS - Pattern Design Software'
Get the full SEO Elite 4.0 Program Download
TruEmbroidery Software for Mac Download
Embroidery Garment Textile Knitting ShoeMaking Jewelry
PatternMaker Marker Studio 7.0.5 Download With Crack
Orchida Knitting System 2.3 build 2206 Optitex 10.0.837 FULL NEW
Wilcom 2006 (Version 10) SP4 Download
Pointcarre+ Textile Software
Perla Embroidery Software- Premium
BERNINA Software Download
Download Software Textil, Bordados
Embroidery Software - Wings XP Pro Experience
V-Stitcher Version 6.5 Download
NedGraphics 2010 with crack
ALL SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD WITH CRACK AVAILABLE
EPCwin - professional embroidery software
M1 STOLL 3.15 + CRACK
EMBROIDERY/GARMENTS/TEXTILE/KNITING/FASHION/FOOTWEAR/J
Software Download with crack / license / Dongle
Elsa Complete Collection Hats
CACTUS PUNCH EMBROIDERY CATALOG +
Embroidery Office v 1140 Download
Compucon EOS Version 3 Multilanguage
Wilcom 2006 SP4 With Crack !
Artistic Suite V6 with CRACK/LICENSE
Software Crack License ship and Garments
Knitting Software