Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Painting Happens

I finished this painting yesterday.  It was originally one of the collage studies I did circa Jane Davies' DVD several months ago.  Prior to yesterday I had only brayered titanium buff over the handmade paper.  The piece is 11 x 7.5 inches, watercolor paper.

And here's the "new" studio.  Late in the afternoon yesterday I set up my computer on my sewing table on the west-facing wall of this room (paint studio table is on south-facing wall), so whether or not my computer stays on during the day now is anyone's guess.  I do work in spurts, though, that's my modus operandi, and I usually go online during my interstitial moments.  So I'm not overly concerned about wasting a lot of time.

Anyway, with everything now set up and ready for me to paint, I have little in the way of excuses to fall back on other than procrastination.

10 comments:

john said...

Your piece is very calming. I have taken several Jane classes online and one on Whidbey Island this summer. Great job on this piece.

Great that the computer is going away during the day. I, too, check emails and blogs and Facebook way too much. Maybe we should be a support group for staying off line during the day. :-)

girlunwinding said...

I love that nice long space you have available for working at your table. I too work in spurts and find it benefits my time much better than sitting for extended periods of time with one thing.
I love the out come of your painted piece.
~Dawn

jackie said...

What a nice space, and so tidy! I have been looking through your discharge experiments as I have been doing some recently with bleach. Good luck with the draw.

Maggi said...

Great painting and your studio set up looks really good. I just wish I could stay a tidy as that when I'm working.

Irene said...

It's good that you gave yourself the opportunity to paint a top priority. I think your ability to paint freely will improve your artistic output and the quality of it (well, if that is possible). I mean, it is already so good, like this last one. Don't we all wish for an enormous space with a limitless art supply? That would be like being in heaven.

Peggy Lynn said...

I now have studio-envy. Love the width of your worktable!! Enjoy!

Alice said...

Nice tug of war between the warms & the cools. Love this one. And great workspace! Enjoy.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Studio looks great as does the painting. It seems you are doing just fine whatever way you work!

neki desu said...

stunning! i was looking for the like button my god ! !ಠ-ಠ

tgarrett said...

How did I miss this? What a beautiful piece!!!!!