Monday, September 16, 2013

Over the Weekend

I mentioned that I was taking a painting class in Eureka...I painted this collage at the class on Saturday.  The only things I did at home following the workshop were highlighting the stenciled alphanumerics on the Gelli printed scrap, and painting the entire piece with clear matte glaze.

Although some of my art journal pages use magazine images of women (an only-recent addition for me) and occasionally "things," my M.O. is definitely more abstract.  I'd rather focus on subjective design, line, texture, pattern, color, now brush strokes.  Perhaps this is an indication, in its way, that I am more comfortable with ambiguity than I used to be.  Ambiguity, and controlled chaos, uncertainty, enigma.  Such as life becomes, increasingly with time.

10 comments:

PamelaArtsinSF said...

Beautiful! Love the abstract style.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Although I've always been open to abstract visual art, as I age I'm finding that I may actually prefer abtract over representational forms. I like your new piece.

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!!! I love it. I really like abstraction, but I have never been comfortable creating it. It always seems like I am forcing it. Hopefully, I'll be able to play with it some this winter and learn. I love to learn. :)

john said...

Bold! This piece livens the room I am sure! Everything works. It is obvious that you enjoyed this class. :-)

Win Dinn said...

Beautiful work - ambiguity obviously suits you!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Never thought of ambiguity like that before. Love this piece.

jenclair said...

I like the transparent look that seems to give it depth!

MegWeaves said...

This one in thumbnail looked like a piece of weaving, Connie.

Judy said...

LOVE IT CONNIE!!! And I so agree with your sentiments!

xxoo

Alice said...

Controlled chaos. Enjoying this one.