Friday, July 26, 2013

In The Mood

Older readers will remember books of this genre that we learned to read from in grammar school.  Who could forget Dick and Jane?  Months ago I gutted this thing, covered the spine with shiboried fabric, and relined the interior with hand painted end papers.  I'd also torn the watercolor paper pages then as well.

In a slot of time between other projects on Wednesday, I was in a mood to bind a book ~ so I did, using a Long Stitch variation.  The book is 7 x 5-3/4 inches and sports six signatures of watercolor paper with two folios each.  I have no idea at the moment what I'll use it for.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice book.

Meg Fowler said...

You are one busy little bee!!! Dick and Jane? Sure! I have a new puppy ... and his name is Spot!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

artistic upcycling...cool