Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Real Painting

My first "real" painting, completed yesterday.  Golden fluid acrylics on stretched canvas, 14 x 11 inches.  I loved the process, and I'm also enamored of the finished piece.  I've been working on small paint/collage pieces regularly now, as in every day

I'm working with Chris Cozen/Jan Pritchard's Acrylic Solutions.  Also with Serena Barton's Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop, which I just got last week. 

I'm excited to be painting.  It's something I've wanted to do for years.  In September I'm taking Making Color Sing, an acrylics workshop taught by my pal (and uber painter) Joan Gold at Eureka Studio Arts.  Really looking forward to that.

9 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Looks like you're a natural, Connie!

Leslie said...

enamored... great word. I like the painting a lot too. Cool color combo, great line-y texture, grungy edges. Very nice!

Irene said...

I am so excited for you because this is exactly something that I would like to do myself. I don't know if I have the talent like you do, but it would be so much fun to find out.

Your painting is lovely and I would hang it on the wall in a second. I can't wait to see what else you are going to paint.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I REALLY like it, Connie!

Maggi said...

Really nice textures in this Connie.

Starr White said...

Congratulations on your first painting! You did a great job - the colors and the texture and even the serene composition are all very pleasing. Looking forward to seeing more:)

tiedyejudy said...

Wonderful, Connie! I painted in the 60's and then again in the early 80's and still have several of my paintings. Loved it, but never took any classes and wish I had. I look forward to seeing your work and hearing about your class experience!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

How wonderful you'll be taking Joan's class! Just seeing her studio is enough to make anyone want to race back to the studio, she's such an inspiration.

And what's this about "real" painting? Because it's on a stretched canvas? Your paintings and art have been "real" for a long time.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

PS I meant to say "race back to one's own studio." I think you know what I meant.