Thursday, May 23, 2013

Step Two Second Set

I began adding shapes to these prints yesterday, per Carla's second video lesson.  Decided to begin on the second set of original prints so I could experiment and work out a few bugs before I tackle the first set, which is a bit more dear to me.

These are okay, kind of a jumble, I think.  I was going to title this post "Meh" but decided I liked them slightly more than that.

It's great fun at any rate.  Caution, though ~ be careful how long you leave cardstock on a wet Gelli plate.  You'll pretty much have to scrub the plate in the sink with running water if you leave the cardstock on too long.  At least that was my experience.  Your mileage may vary.

5 comments:

Janie Husband said...

beautiful.....where do i fin this class

tgarrett said...

I am loving these! I haven't got to mine yet- had lots of outside work to do today. Oh- I know it's expensive but Golden Open Acrylic is great because it stays wet longer- that really has made a difference for me with the 8 x 10 plate- I ordered the really big one from Dick Blick but it is back ordered.

Michelle Reuss said...

These are so lovely and atmospheric! I'm showing mine on my blog on Monday and Tuesday but they aren't nearly as interesting to look at as yours (I didn't do as many layers.) I also noticed that problem with cardstock so I decided to use up some glossy cardstock that was lying around the studio. That doesn't seem to stick so badly. Great job!

Judy said...

I adore them all, but the ones on the right sing even more than those on the left! I haven't had a chance to view lesson 2 yet, but I can't wait!

Thanks again for getting me started!

xxoo

Sandy said...

That really adds a lot of interest.