Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fresh Start

I finished creating my new art journal yesterday.  Yes, I've created other new art journals recently with intentions to fill them...but I loved working in Little Gems so much that I created something similar to work in now.  The new journal (working title Little Gems Too) is 9 x 7 inches, filled with three signatures of Gelli plate offprints.

I built this journal from scratch.  The boards and spine were formerly pieces of a checkers game board, the cover paper was Gelli printed some time ago, and the inside liner paper was printed on Thursday (front half in photo above).

I used the Double X binding stitch -- ideal for three signatures and relatively easy to do.

This is Little Gems completely filled -- I'm still posting journal pages from this. 

12 comments:

Judy said...

Oh, what fun! I like these a whole lot!

xxoo

drusilla cole said...

I love the journal...and fab binding...do you have a link to how to do this clever binding? Or is it one of Keith Smith's ( from his immense books)? Thanks :-)

Maggi said...

I really like these journals and the binding looks great.

Sandy said...

Another wonderful book.

PamelaArtsinSF said...

I agree with everyone else -- great pages and great bindings and great journals!

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Fabulous, Connie! What a textural delight.

Hazel said...

Lovely. I've recently started to use the gelli plate and love it x

Juniper Goods said...

I love your binding! I too have made some journals out of gelli prints but I haven't done any journaling in them because the papers are so cool! Maybe now I'll do some mixed media in them. Thanks for sharing! :)

Itaya Art said...

Very lovely journal! I want to make one for my Gelli prints. Thanks so much for the inspiration. :)

Luscious said...

great idea to use the chess board!

Win Dinn said...

Gorgeous piece, and I love the spine, especially!

Alice said...

I'm crazy about that spine.