Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Still Life with Art Supplies

Apropos of nothing I took a few still life photos yesterday in my studio.  I don't have a kitchen table or a nice place to photograph lovely old tea or coffee implements, and besides, I prepare neither at home in the traditional manner.  My shelves and flat surfaces are filled with books and art supplies and little else.

I'm on a creative role, doing a variety of fun things these days ~ making board covers for the NorBAG Coptic stitch workshop this Saturday (we'll be binding our own copies of NorBAG's 4-volume Compendium of project pages from monthly newsletters)....working daily in my new art journal (having pre-prepared backgrounds does make it a lot easier to fill a page or spread)...received a copy of L.K. Ludwig's Creative Wildfire (purchased used at Amazon -- I have her earlier Mixed Media Nature Journals and it was the latter that got me interested in mixed media years ago; her work stands way above so much of the other work out there these days)...ordered a 2 x 6 foot redwood garden bed to install on my rock lawn, so I can begin growing my own veggies this year -- it will arrive on Friday...et al.

 
And I've got a lengthening list of other cool projects I hope to get to soon.  Early spring is definitely in the air, although I'm still wondering whether we'll have a real winter here or not.  Whatever...

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love vingettes of art supplies. To me, they are works of art. I own L.K. Ludwig's books and she is the one that opened my eyes to mixed media. You are so right about her work. Gorgeous! Grow some purple carrots! They are gorgeous to eat and they dye cloth beautifully. :) Have a beautiful week, my friend.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I love these still lifes... makes my heart go pitter-pat to see all those supplies.

Maggi said...

I have L K Ludwig's books as well and she does wonderful work. Lovely to see the images of your working are.