Friday, March 15, 2013

Eel River Sunset

Today is reveal day for Fiberactions' latest color challenge ~ using the colors in nature that show up in your local environment.   My quilt is called Eel River Sunset...and the sky really does look like this several times a year just steps away from my front door.

With the exception of the black linen representing the hills, all the fabrics were hand dyed and further surface designed.  Embellished with sewn-on seed beads.  Finished size is 18-1/2 x 25 inches.


6 comments:

Maggi said...

A wonderful vibrant piece.

Jeannie said...

Beautiful, Connie! I love sunsets on the coast. The sky is so large and clear, only to be filled with a rainbow of color as the sun sets. Wonderful piece of art!

Judy said...

FABULOUS! I love it!

xxoo

Jan said...

This is so lovely....I hope it's not your last quilt!

But of course it's OK if it is! :-)

Irene said...

I've become such a great fan of your books that I almost forgot that you also made quilts. I wonder which you enjoy making most? I would guess it to be books. xox

tiedyejudy said...

Beautiful, Connie! Your sunsets look like our sunrises... nothing to interfere with the great view!