Friday, February 15, 2013

New Prints

 
I've made lots of new prints this week ~ every time I get back into printing, I don't want to stop.  And I'm not through, this time around.

Among other things I'm playing around with alpha and numeric stencils, making prints for upcoming book projects.  And re: stencils, I've finally decided to buy myself a new batch.  I'm finding the best selection of stencils at these online retailers ~ Artistcellar, Scrapbook dot com, and iStencils.  The latter is especially interesting because they carry a huge selection of stencils not found anywhere else, and each comes in a multitude of sizes.  Additionally, they have stencils of at least 100 different fonts!

I've been experimenting with different sizes of paper, as well.  Some of these are 8 x 10 inches, the size of my Gelli plate.  I like printing off the edge of the paper.

I finished making backgrounds in my big Offprint Journal ~ so I disassembled it and rebound in more 18 x 12 inch sheets.  I even used the original thread again.  The sheets I removed were trimmed slightly at the spine edge and are now awaiting being bound into books to serve as new art journals.
 


5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love, love, love the prints! Thanks for the links. Did you see Judi Herwitt's post about some die cut fun foam sheets she found at Michael's? So many ideas, I'd better get busy! Have a creatively fun weekend.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

While all are beautiful, I particularly like that first one!

bubblemunch said...

I really like the turquoise/blue image (5th down) :-)

Karin said...

Love them all ;) I've just recived my Gelli Plate and can't wait to get started... just need a brayer.. ;( Thank you for sharing!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

These exude fun and creativity.