Monday, February 11, 2013

Be Grateful

I had a commission from a dear friend to create a Gratitude Journal, for gifting to another dear friend of hers who will shortly be undergoing major back surgery.  The recipient is a scrabble "nerd" as well as loving the color red.  So with those parameters in mind, this is the book I created.

It is 6-1/4 x 6-1/4 inches, single-needle Coptic bound, includes scrapbook and drawing papers as well as recycled magazine pages, and has scrabble-oriented embellishments.

The cover boards were cut from an actual scrabble board, and I used copies of same as end papers.

There's tons of space to write inside, despite having some pages with existing text, and numerous pockets throughout.  And, it was a joy to create.  So I'm grateful for the opportunity.

9 comments:

Irene said...

I think you did a great job n the book and I especially like the front cover of it. I am sure that your work will be much appreciated. It's the kind of gift I would like to receive. xox

Valerie Kamikubo said...

It makes me smile to think that your art will aid in the healing of the recipient.

tiedyejudy said...

I love it! A beautiful, unique gift for someone to enjoy while recovering!

susan christensen said...

A joy to create such a treasure indeed! This is absolutely inspired, Connie.
love - sus

Sandy said...

The perfect gift.

Maggi said...

This is just perfect. How thoughtful of you.

Jan said...

Connie--I'm so touched that I'm in tears. I know that Susan will be so grateful and so happy with this. I can't wait until it comes so I can savor every page before sending it on.

I'm so, so grateful, Connie.

xo,
Jan

Margaret Cooter said...

A win-win situation!

artymess said...

Lovely Connie .....x