Thursday, January 24, 2013

In The Pink

The end of the Pink series ~ the first is an accordion with pockets, with hard covers.  The page strip was printed on both sides and folded to create the pockets.  Each pocket has a paper heart in it, also from hand printed paper.  2-5/8 x 2-5/8 inches.

 

The lightest pink book was constructed first by fusing two prints together -- the backs of both were printed with something else entirely and I didn't want them to show.  So I fused the two pieces together, creating a fairly stiff sheet that I then cut into six equal-sized pieces.  Each piece was folded and had another hand printed folio inserted, then they were individually pamphlet stitched. 

 
Finally, I added tabs of polka dot paper to the mountain folds to create the accordion.  The ribbon closure is unattached to the book.  2-5/8 x 2-5/8 inches.


And lastly, another tiny hard cover book created by folding a piece of printed paper in half lengthwise, then accordion folding.  1-5/8 x 3-1/8 inches.
 


Hope you enjoyed these Pink books ~ I learned a lot and I loved making them.  Now, on to other delights.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the polka dots. What is it about them that elicit a happy feeling? Thanks to your books, I am now convinced that pink isn't all that bad. A major feat to overcome my 59 year old dislike for pink! LOL! Have a wonderful day, Connie.

Sandy said...

I like pink when it goes to purple, so this is my favorite of the series.

Sandra Rude said...

Haven't you been having fun! Great work.

Jan said...

I so appreciate seeing these open and having your descriptions. Bella!

It occurs to me that these are so appropriate: made by a woman named Rose in Rose Cottage!

xo

jenclair said...

These are all beautiful! Love the inclusion of the hearts in the pockets!

Jan said...

My dad is not fond of pink, but I know he would marvel at these and love them, like I do.

I've always liked pink and I've been told I look good in it--just like Mom.

Sweet.