Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stitching Days

I have days when I don't feel like doing anything but hand stitching.  This week has been like that thus far.

I'm working on another ecodyed quilt, this one smaller than the last, and filling it with running stitches.

Running stitches are meditative.  And I like being able to accomplish something without having to make design decisions.  It's good for the soul to get grounded by repetitive activity sans a lot of thinking.

Although these are also great times to mentally sketch out next steps on other projects and new things to undertake.

7 comments:

Maggi said...

I do like the way that a simple running stitch can completely change the look of a piece. Very nice.

jenclair said...

I, too, find the running stitch a peaceful, meditative process. Love the way they are looking on this piece.

Jeannie said...

Your cloth is beautiful. The running stitch adds such beautiful texture and personality to it. Hope your stretch feels good! xo

Sandra Rude said...

Gorgeous cloth!I don't do hand stitching any more if I can avoid it, but that running stitch does add a lot to the piece.

Judy said...

Lovely stitching Connie! I wish I had mine here with me while I'm on 'baby watch'! I could get a lot done!! But i am knitting up a storm - and that is good for meditation too!

xxoo

MulticoloredPieces said...

Of course, I'm just LUV'in this!
best, nadia

Jan said...

Almost anything repetitive makes me happy. It often feels like this: if I could spend enough time doing just this, then all would be right with my world, both inner and outer.