Monday, December 24, 2012

Little Gift Book

I had a commission over the weekend to create a small gift book for a friend's daughter-in-law.  The book is 4.25x5.5 inches, has over 100 pages of 60# paper, the signatures are wrapped in polka dot printed paper.  The binding stitch is Carets, from Keith Smith, and the embellishment on the front is handmade, hand printed paper.

Sending my warmest wishes to you for a lovely holiday, whatever it is you celebrate -- hope you have a wonderful week.  There's nothing at the local theater that I want to see on Christmas Day (meaning Lincoln hasn't come to Fortuna yet), so I'll be renting a couple movies today, a splurge in itself since I see very few movies any more.

10 comments:

Irene said...

The book is wonderful like all your handmade books are. You are such a master at making them.

I hope you treat yourself extra special over the holidays. Do little things for yourself that you normally would not do. Indulge a little.

xox

Jeannie said...

That is one lucky daughter-in-law. First to have someone think of such a unique gift and then to receive a book made by you! I hope you have a beautiful holiday and treat yourself well - the best gift of all. We have loaded up with movies and dinner will be homemade pizza. The "hoardes" as C calls them, descend for a few hours tomorrow. :) Then back to peaceful quiet. Hopefully we will be home this time next week. That is when my self indulgence will begin. Thank you for your friendship and for inspiring me so very much. I hope the New Year brings you so much joy and creative success. xoxo

Alice said...

Another beautiful spine.
I plan to watch watercolor instructional videos today. Enjoy your day.

MegWeaves said...

A happy movie day to you, and a good cookbook day to me!

Sarah said...

Hi Connie - I love this binding! Could you tell me which Vol. of Keith Smith it's in? I see one in Vol. 2 but it is a single thread binding for only 2 sections? Thank you in advance!

Judy said...

Oh Connie, what a fabulous book! I'm sitting here drooling on my keyboard!
Hope you have a great day with your movies...sounds very decadent and peaceful to me! ;-)

xxoo

Sandy said...

What a wonderful gift.

Sandra Rude said...

Lovely book, especially the spine stitching.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I bet that the person who received this wonderful gift was thrilled!

Jan said...

What a fabulous gift! Unique in every way.