Friday, October 26, 2012

What the Heck

I decided not to wait until November 15 to show you this piece ~ there's other work for that and still a lot of time left to see what else I come up with.

This accordion book is made from a piece of shibori discharged cotton flannel, backed with cotton canvas (heavy weight interfacing between), then machine quilted along the resist lines.  It also sports a machine embroidered quote along its entire 48 inches ~ You can never conquer the mountain...you can only conquer yourself.  Folded, the book is 6 x 6 inches.

And here's my quality control inspector at work...he gave me his stamp of approval.

9 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

BeeGee not only looks like the inspector, but also the inspiration for this beautiful piece.

Jeannie said...

Valerie wrote what I was thinking! BeeGee looks pleased with what you have created and I know how finicky feline tastes run! Connie, the book is gorgeous. Wishing you and BeeGee a relaxing and fun filled weekend. xo

Judy said...

Ditto to them, BUT ALSO:
your work is such an inspiration! I love this book Connie!

xo

Irene said...

That's really neat, Connie. You are turning into a master book maker. It's always a surprise to see what you will make next and you never disappoint. xox

susan christensen said...

I like the way you have used a shaped top edge on this book. I bet it looks terrific folded up, too. BeeGee - you are a sweet, sweet inspector. What would Connie do without you? xxoo, sus

frazzledsugarplummum said...

WOW

jenclair said...

I love Tabbies, and BeeGee sports the classic M over on the forehead!

And, yes, he does look like the inspiration for this latest lovely book!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Beautiful book--I LUV the black and white designs. Your cat and book seem connected in design. I thought your comments on taking art/life a day at a time (a few posts back) were spot-on. It's interesting that you have turned to doing more and more books and journals. Is it because you can incorporate so much of your different artistic interests in them?
best, nadia

Wen Redmond said...

I love your innovative spirit! The book is striking and while the mountain stands unconquered, I have trouble conquering me too! What's best is those enlightening insights that side slam you to the wall with delight!