Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Breast Pocket Project

As some of you may know, Melanie Testa is doing a project creating 1000 Breast Pockets in honor of women each of us knows who have "gone flat" after breast cancer.  Read all about it here.  There's still time to participate ~ Melanie needs the pockets by the week of October 22.

My four pockets honor two women friends who both went totally flat following breast cancer ~ Jean, who had her surgery at least 10 years ago, and Betty, who just had hers.

Using bits of handmade (largely) fabrics, I spent an enjoyable afternoon yesterday making these.  And they're in today's mail to Melanie.

5 comments:

Irene said...

Those turned out very nice and I can see that you did a good job on them. No doubt those women will be happy with them and put them to the use they were meant for.

marshaleith said...

These are beautiful!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

very nice. Great idea.

Jeannie said...

Your pockets have wonderful character. I found it sad when I made out a list of women and men I knew that had traveled that path. Way to many!!!

jenclair said...

Beautiful pockets, Connie, and such a good cause. Melanie had a great idea!