Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Book

Last week an interior decorator friend donated no-longer-needed upholstery fabric samples to me to use for whatever.  I already had books in mind and wasted no time. 

I filled this book with orange-red patterned scrapbook cardstock and old collages to match, along with some pages from a European art magazine with art that also fit the color theme.  The visible folds of the signatures were covered with strips of another collage.  I love this sewn tapes binding.

What delightful weather we're having on the North Coast.  Yesterday I treated myself to breakfast at the Loleta Bakery, one of Humboldt's few European-style bistros, and very close by in the tiny town of Loleta overlooking dairy ranches (some organic) on the flood plain of the Eel River.  I really do live in paradise.  I love living in a rural area. 

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the fabric! Your books are so inspiring. I am also loving this weather. It is a little too smokey from all the wildfires, but thankfully, they are far away. Wishing you a beautiful week. (I grew up in a rural area and miss it. Not that the Tri-Cities is a metropolis! I miss the quiet, slow pace of a small town.) xo

Sandy said...

What a good use for the fabric. I see more in the future. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Maggi said...

Another lovely book. Glad you are enjoying such lovely autumn weather.

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

Holy cow! It's gorgeous, Connie. I must say, all of your postings have been making me want to bind myself some sketchbooks with mixed papers to glue stuff in. Although they wouldn't be anywhere near as neat as these! It boggles my mind that you really only just started making books. Your books are just fantastic.

jenclair said...

Beautiful fabric! Your bookmaking skills continue to impress!

Jan said...

Of course I'm not surprised that you are excelling in this, too--you do such wonderful work in any medium you choose to explore. And I admire your passion, zeal, and concentration!

xo