Saturday, September 22, 2012

Launching Autumn

Happy Autumn!  This is my favorite season of the year.  And I plan to record whatever I can of it in my ready-to-fill Autumn Journal.  I sewed in the signatures yesterday and also added stuff to the inside covers.  I might embellish the inside cover flap later on.

The photo of me is from 15 years ago.  Deep sigh ~ I wish I still looked this good...but, oh well.  In my mind's eye I still look like this, and I'm even letting my hair grow out now although it's unlikely it'll ever be that long again. 

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

Your Autumnal journallooks so inviting. I hope it is filled with wonderful events and joy-filled days. I look back at photos of me (there are not many) and wish that she had known what I know today. How would she have lived differently? I stop myself and wonder, how can I live differently now so I don't look back in another 10 years? I guess we know what we know and the Universe throws us the lessons we need to learn. Wishing you a beautiful weekend. xo

jenclair said...

Autumn is my favorite season, too. After long, hot, humid summers here in Louisiana, we all welcome cooler, crisper weather.

I do love the idea of your seasonal journal and hope you have wonderful and inspirational entries all season long!

Meg in Nelson said...

Me, too. That is, I love Autumn, not this time of the year, which is spring for us. Spring and summer here is unnecessarily upbeat - it's like you have to keep up the Christmas cheer from September to Feb/March.

I think one of the reasons I love your autumn books so much is the very controlled use of hues. I think I've always loved it, but I've been using so much color in my work, I need to come here to rest my eyes.

Sandy said...

What a good idea. The Journal looks great.

Maggi said...

The journal is looking so good and will no doubt give you hours of pleasure while you are using it.

Jan said...

Fabulous then and fabulous now! I love how we "women of a certain age" look: all that living and wisdom shows in our faces.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Autumn my favourite. Love the journal.