Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life Happens

I've been busy...and obsessed with completing my four Fiberactions quilts, which I did on Friday.  Look for the reveal this coming Saturday, September 15.  Who knows why I couldn't stop at one...or two.  Actually, I enjoyed the design process so much (slice 'n dice) that I couldn't stop at just one...or two.

Yesterday I schlepped all over Ferndale at the community yard sale, and only came home with some good old books to upcycle/alter, etc.  Left me totally exhausted.

I'm having a Trunk Show & Sale on Saturday, October 6 at Eureka Fabrics, in downtown Eureka.  Since I'm not selling my work online any longer (for all intents and purposes), I thought it would be a good idea to have everything available for sale in one public place locally.  Rather like a traveling Open Studio.  October 6 is also Arts Alive in Eureka, and I plan to be open for business from 1 p.m. til 9 p.m. when Arts Alive ends.

If you're in Humboldt and would like to receive an email invitation to the sale -- and you think you might not already be on my email list -- then please email me so I can add you to the list.

I started working in one of my handmade journals, albeit slowly.  I'm thinking of calling these "Design Journals" instead of art- or visual journals.  And this week -- possibly even today -- I'll be starting Mary Ann Moss's Remains of the Day online class.  Really looking forward to this.

The weather has changed...it's definitely fall.  We sure didn't have much of a summer here on the North Coast this year.  Now the mornings and evenings are cooler than they've been and I've begun turning the heat on in the morning for a bit.  We could still get a blast of Indian Summer, but who knows.

Have a lovely Sunday or Monday, wherever you are.


6 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

It's wonderful, all that you accomplish as life happens. As for me, most creativity is on hold until October, as I try to keep up with other commitments, but it's good to visit here for inspiration in the mean time.

Jeannie said...

We had a blast of heat and now a hint of fall for a couple of days. It may even rain! It is always a bummer when annual events turn out to be duds. Here wishing you sell out next weekend!

Meg in Nelson said...

Or, Connie, you didn't waste money at the sales. Good luck with the trunk sale. And DO enjoy your online class - this look fantastic!

susan christensen said...

Looks like a good class, Connie. Good luck with the trunk show! -sus

jenclair said...

Can't wait to see the reveal of you Fiberaction quilts!
Enjoy your new class!

Sandy said...

Good luck with your sale. Wish I were closer and could come. I don't sell much anymore-just want to create. I trade when people approach me.