A word about recycled magazine pages ~ I've been finding an unusual assortment of magazines and magazine-style books at one particular thrift store recently. So you might want to keep your eye on the magazine racks of your local thrift stores if you've a mind to recycle pages into handmade books. Get the ones that have heavy paper.
Here's a sampling of what I've found ~
- drawings of Richard Diebenkorn
- a Japanese bluegrass magazine
- Communication Arts
- The Best of the Internet, from 1999
- books of piano (and other instrument) music -- old sheet music is usually too brittle to reuse
- European art magazines
- issues of Hand Papermaking
- an Arabic magazine of some sort
Have a great Friday!