Tuesday, January 31, 2012
I completed this little handquilted piece yesterday -- eco dyed recycled linen and raw silk backed with an unusual commercial batik. Streamers measures 21 x 15 inches.
Saturday I steeped a pot of eco dyed fabric -- I'll post photos of the finished fabric on Wednesday. I'd been given a small piece of silk/wool fabric that I was anxious to work with...hoping once again that I could get an orange color from my local eucalyptus, which didn't subsequently happen. Although the fabric is beautiful nonetheless.
Monday I prepped two quilts -- one to be machine quilted for the latest Fiberactions challenge, the other one to be handstitched. I'll also likely do a second Fiberactions piece for this challenge, as I did for the last one. Since I have so few things going on this year, I've decided to get more work done by completing more than one piece for each challenge.
A friend gave me some little jars of Jacquard Procion dyes about a year ago, and I'm planning to dye about five yards of mixed fabric later this week via the Jar Dyeing Method.
I've noticed that when I'm in a fallow period, what happens for me is that I cease being able to make any creative decisions. Which is why I stop taking action. Being creative is all about making decisions, all the time. And sometimes it all just feels overwhelming and I have to stop. But I'm good to go again now, for a while.