Monday, November 28, 2011

Sunday Stitches

Now that my home and studio are clean, I'm getting back into projects.  I spent most of yesterday hand stitching on this quilt-to-be I showed you a few weeks ago.  I especially like the challenge of figuring out how to stitch the design areas on the fabric ~ building a toolbox of stitching solutions for future work.

I had to laugh ~ someone recently unsubscribed from my blog because I have too many updates.  Gee, I thought that's what blogs were for!

I've been gathering fabrics for Fiberactions' first color challenge, not due until January 15.   Our task is to "reflect on why we use the colors we do, creating a piece that perhaps goes beyond our comfort zone using combinations of hue we've not previously considered."  If you haven't been to our blog since early this month, do check out the remodeling job.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Connie, the fabric is so beautiful and I can only imagine the fun time you are having stitching this.

Nora said...

Gee Coniie, if that is a reason to stop following a blog, I could be in deep doo doo soon. I update quite a bit. I happen to love your updates and always am happy with them. I like what you have to show and the little chat you have about it. I'm not at all a fiber artist, but enjoy your work anyway. I guess I am a connoisseur. Keep it up, woman!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Loving this piece. LOL 'too many updates'. They must be a busy person. Had to go and look up hue. So I'm learning something. I am trying to imagine what colours you will consider 'out of your comfort zone'. Pink, red and orange would be my choice. Looking forward to seeing that Fibreactions reveal day.

tiedyejudy said...

Beautiful piece, Connie! As for the unsubscriber, I wouldn't fret... I don't subscribe to any blogs a/c I hate being inundated with reams of e-mails! Instead, I add blogs to my favorites, and browse when I have time, usually each day. Most of the blogs I follow are updated almost daily, so I'm not spending time revisiting posts I have already seen, but I save time not having to delete the e-mails!