Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cooking and Baking

A new crop of eco dyed fabrics from last Thursday's brew.  Some of these are do-overs, the first go-round was a few months ago and the results were rather nondescript.  No more.


This one's not so obvious ~ it's oak leaves and onion skins, wrapped on an aluminum pipe.  The big piece had those strips (one at right, one on top) placed over the plant material on the big piece, then it was bundled up.

Onion skins on silk habotai.

Two pieces of old linen, one on top of the other with euc leaves in between.

The spiral/curlique things on this piece are brass ornament hangers!

Lastly, I baked apple pie and turnovers again today ~ I even remembered to peel the apples this time!  I do have to gloat that for some reason my pie crusts lately have been better than ever even though I'm using the same recipe I always have.  Go figure. 

11 comments:

Jeannie said...

Okay Connie, fess up! How did you get such beautiful results??? I have tried alum, soy, soda ash, and vinegar and I have yet to get the results you are getting. Yes, I am colored green with envy and I didn't have to bundle myself up, either! The pie and turnovers look so good. A slice warm out of the oven with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream and I would be transported to my Gram's! Wishing you a wonderful week and it looks like it is starting out well.

Deb Levy said...

Gorgeous results Connie!!!!
And the baked goods look great too :)

Sandra Rude said...

Yummy! both the pies and the eco-print textiles... Love those rose leaves!

Katie said...

These are obsolutely amazing! Leaves,beautiful, and that one onion one---it looks like jellyfish to me. Granted, the dead ones I see here in Washington, but soooo wonderful!

susan christensen said...

I love them all, including the first two in shades of gray. Don't you love baking pie - my favorite desert! Happy Halloween - sus

tiedyejudy said...

Oh, Connie! Your fabrics are wonderful, especially the one on top with oak leaves! My favorite leaf, next to maple! And your baking looks delicious! I think the more we do things, the better we get at them, even though we think we're doing everything the same... and you have demonstrated that here both with the fabric and the baking! Have a wonderful week!

Alice said...

What gorgeous fabrics.

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Another beautiful batch of fabric and must admit, the baking looks pretty dang good too!

Lynda Howells said...

well done. lts feels great when you do another dye over and the "dull" scarves and you get fantastic second results. Happy dyeing Conniexx
http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com

Els said...

Always love the outside stripy part of the bundles .... Great big gray ones with all the leaves
Your pie looks yummy (I thought a moment I could even smell them : no better smell than fresh baked apple pie !!!!!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Marvellous complex pieces. Love apple bakes.