Thursday, September 15, 2011

Texture Revealed


Today is reveal day for Fiberactions' "texture" challenge.  My quilt is called Sunset in the City and measures 20x24 inches. 

This is a whole cloth quilt of black linen that was discharged twice ~ the first time I got the mauve color, the wheat color came next.  After quilting, I applied textile paint and metallic paintstik.

The finished cloth reminded me of sunset reflecting off glass windows of buildings in the city.
Check out the rest of our texture quilts here.

8 comments:

Diane Wright said...

Gosh...this is whole cloth?! Nice texture to be sure.

Gerrie said...

I like! I agree with Diane - hard to believe that it is a whole cloth piece!!

Els said...

Very good this "dubble" discharge piece! Funny that the colours of the two discharges are not the same ....

Deb H said...

It's beautiful Connie. I love the graphic design & soft colors.

tiedyejudy said...

Wow! The colors and textures are gorgeous! Rich and shimmery!

Linda Stokes said...

beautiful quilt - love all that texture & the colours.

susan christensen said...

I see the urban in this piece, Connie - has a gritty feel. I bet the surface texture is even richer in person, coz of the linen. Good work! -sus

frazzledsugarplummum said...

WOW this is wonderful. Those colours certainly reflect sunset in the city.