Monday, September 5, 2011

The Philosopher's Stone

I'm going to be offline for a couple days, beginning Tuesday.  Instead of packing up my laptop and schlepping down to Starbuck's though, I've decided to take an internet holiday.   I'll be back sometime Thursday.

The reason?  I'm killing my cellphone and going back to a landline.  AT&T has to reconfigure my line to be both voice and data.  It's likely difficult for most folks to understand why I might do such a thing as get rid of my cellphone.  But the fact is, I don't need one, not for my life and my lifestyle.  I'll buy a prepaid cellphone if I need one.  Meanwhile, I'll be saving $40 a month in unnecessary expense for a gizmo that I only use as a phone anyway.

Here's a shot of my outdoor studio.  I started as just a shade covering to protect that large outdoor zygocactus, but quickly morphed into a place to organize eco-dyeing stuff and my collection of rusty oddments.  I've been feeling like a witch these days, brewing up cauldrons of botanicals and metals, seeking to alchemize the Philosopher's Stone.

See you later this week.

8 comments:

Meg in Nelson said...

I see the jars! And if you do get a prepay, that will solve my worry, too! Enjoy your break.

Emma said...

I love your outside space! It's rare I can work outside without it all blowing away or getting very wet but I did some sunprinting on a bench behind the studio this summer - loved it - in what will one day be a leafy courtyard but is now a little disorganised ;)

Thanks for your encouraging words

stitchinglife.com said...

Enjoy your short break. That looks a lovely place to work outside.

susan christensen said...

What a great works space, Connie. I will be looking for your return. I applaud you efforts to economize, I love kicking bills to the curb. best wishes, sus

Nora said...

It's nice that you also have an outside space to be in. It seems like a very nice place to be. I imagine you sitting there and meditating or looking at the sky overhead. I wish I had such a nice private place for myself. XOX

tiedyejudy said...

Good for you! Another idea coming to fruition! Will check back later this week...

frazzledsugarplummum said...

That is a great outdoor area! I only use a landline now although for some reason I cant get a dial tone for the phone but still have the net. It saves me heaps...well what feels like heaps to me.

Alice said...

It may have evolved inadvertently, but it looks like a very friendly and workable space. I will think of you out there in your blue and green and white hideaway, concocting new treasures.