recent post about using CitraSolv to manipulate photos from National Geographic magazines. My first experience with this process was late last week. What I found early this week when I went to use the pages is that there was an oily residue on them...which made the ink come off on my fingers and smeared the designs on the paper. After a bit of research into the matter with the good folks at CitraSolv, I realized that I had used too much of the liquid on the pages. As in most things, less is more!
It all happens rather quickly. I would suggest though that while your stack of wet pages is marinating for 20 minutes or so, you leave it in the shade. Once the sun starts drying out the pages, they'll stick together.
But after the initial marination, after you have pulled the pages apart, lay them on newspaper in the sun and they'll dry in less than an hour.
These photos are from yesterday's session.
Earlier this week, after realizing my error with the first set of pages and while waiting for the sun to come out again here on the North Coast, I experimented with printing the digital images I'd taken of the original pages.
It might be possible to print on fabric directly from a wet marinated page. I'd likely try this with fabric that had been pretreated first with either Bubble Jet Set or an acrylic medium or ground. If any of you try this, let me know how it works!
Sales Blog -- blues, greens and yellow/golds. If you're looking for unusual small pieces of fabric for a variety of projects, don't miss these.