Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ode to Spring...

...if spring would only arrive on the North Coast!  The weather lately is certainly nothing to write home about, except perhaps that it's been unseasonably cold.  Whatever "seasonably" means, since there is no "normal" anymore.

Anyway, I just finished this little 13x21" piece, Spring Fever, hoping mightily that it helps usher in bona fide spring weather. 

I also listed six new fabric packs this morning, available for sale on my Sales Blog -- check 'em out!

I've been perplexed lately about what to do with my Etsy Shop.  I haven't listed any new work in eons because I've sold so few finished pieces there.  If you go to my shop and look at the number of sales I've made since I launched it early in 2008, you might think my work was flying out the door, so to speak.  The reality is that 95% of my sales there have been spinning fibers and weaving yarns, which I'm not selling any longer.

I'm just keeping the question open in the back of my mind and I'll see what solutions pop up in the near future.

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Relished Artistry said...

Beautiful piece!!! The colors are right up my alley! This piece in particular is really inspiring to me--it gets my brain working... Thank you so much for sharing it! I'd subscribed to your blog a long while ago, but I'm making sure to explore them a bit more thoroughly... There is so much here to absorb! I really appreciate your sharing!

Sandra Rude said...

You're right about "normal." We had 80 and sunny one day, then cold rain and hail (with snow on mountaintops) the next, and the thermometer went below 29 degrees at night. This is Spring???
OTOH, your piece shown here is indeed Spring, for which I can only say "Thank you!"

Deb Levy said...

Love your spring piece Connie.

ju-north said...

Love this piece - so much to look at!

Sandy said...

Definitely springlike. It cheers me.

Jan said...

I really like this piece: it has so much light to it.

Normal has indeed gone out the window...Still quite nippy here, too, but at least it's sunny.

Emma said...

Love the selection of fabrics in this piece, also the metalics you were working on recently.

I'm still considering (procrastinating) an Etsy shop. Someone said we were to add little & often to keep it alive/active - I guess if you have it set up already you could keep changing things around, add new things & hope for the best. At least it's another window to 'out there'.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Lovely piece.