Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Metallic Monday

What fun I had yesterday finishing off small fabric pieces with metallic paint.  Just about any fabric can be made to look really wonderful with a little glitz -- even some of the dogs!
 
All of these fabrics -- some fat quarters, most smaller -- had previously been low-water dyed, rusted, discharged, shiboried, deconstructed screen printed or jar dyed; most have several layers.

Now they're finished and I love them -- meaning I'll use them somehow, somewhere.






And I'm doing more today!

8 comments:

Deb Levy said...

Beautiful Connie! What a difference a little glitz and glamor makes.

Jamie Kalvestran said...

Love your work! I'm inspired!

ju-north said...

Wonderful colour!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

They are fabulous. What a treat ... to create with metallic paints.

susan christensen said...

These are a treat to view, Connie - what great stash to have on hand!

Judy said...

Connie!!! You never cease to amaze me!!! Each day I look at your blogpost and see something phenomenal....and then the next day it's even better!! HOW DO YOU DO IT??????????

xo

jackie said...

Wonderful mettalics,I'll just have to get mine out. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

I love applying different techniques to dyed pieces that have not turned out so well. Just never know what you will end up with. These have turned out beautifully.