Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Making Waves

This is Amber Waves, my latest quilted art cloth piece measuring 27x14 inches.

I started with a really great piece of heavy cotton fabric that had originally been a tablecloth.  Over the past few years it was dyed and printed and finally shiboried.  And it was sitting in my "green" stack awaiting further instructions.

Just a cool piece of fabric that will look smashing on the wall.

It took me close to three studio days to do the beading.  The power was out for an hour this morning so I beaded by candlelight for a while.

I'm not sure what's next although I do have another piece ready to quilt.  I'm waiting for a flash of inspiration...something's brewing creatively that has no form or details yet.

I'm hoping that a few really spring days will propel me out of my recent lethargy.  It looks like the rest of this week will be mostly sunny, although it's still pretty dreary today.


So now I'm going to watch last night's Castle online and rest my hands.

9 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

It's gorgeous!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Beautiful work Connie. Hope spring brings you inspiration for your next venture.

Best wishes
Carolyn

Vicki W said...

It's lovely! Your beading is perfect!

Sandra Rude said...

It's beautiful. The beads add just the right sparkle to finish it off. We had 70 and sunny today, so I think Spring has finally come to the CA coast!

Wax Beach Artist said...

I love the movement in this piece. It gives me a soothing and relaxing kind of 'go with it' feeling. Yes, it is cool and would look smashing on the wall! hugs, Connie :)

Sandy said...

It's subtle and rich. I'm not sure it needs anything else. I keep looking at it.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Beautiful! I love its movement and way the beading adds to it.

Emma said...

This is lovely, yes it is early for Mothers Day here, not sure why the date is different.

All those beads - I'm full of admiration for your hands & neck! ;)I'd like to add beads to a 'few' wall hangings for September but I must get on with the 'backgrounds' then I can bead over a long time...I hope.

I'm sure your next piece will come soon.

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

The addition of beads make an already gorgeous piece of fabric stunning.