Monday, March 7, 2011

Between the Raindrops

Not a heckuva lot of studio news, but I feel remiss in not writing for a week.  We've had on and off rain for a while and some dramatic skies.

What I have done is gather my notes and write the workshop materials for my shibori class later this month.  And I started in on a new series of art quilts but haven't gotten very far.  About 25% into the quilting on the first piece, I realized I didn't like the way it looked (there were two layers of batting -- one too many!) and I spent hours ripping out the stitches...which were microscopic because the batting was too thick.  Now the piece has been rebatted and basted and is ready for a new start.

Other than those things, not much else to show for last week.  I'll make up for that soon, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Don't fret too much about not posting for a while. I'm still drooling over the wonderful colors and patterns in the previous post.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Great Sky shot. Aghhhhh unpicking. Not my favourite.

Alice said...

Sometimes the pauses between the "work" are the most important times. Enjoy and recharge.

psychiceveryday.com said...

Connie, I am always impressed and inspired when I visit your blog, and wanted to let you know. I used to make quilts and dye my own fabrics years back, and you are helping me to see that I may want to do so again. Thank you for the beauty and inspiration.

Kris