Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Upcoming Shibori Workshop

I'll be teaching an Introduction to Shibori Workshop, March 26-27 at Origin Design Lab in Old Town Eureka.

You'll learn how to use fiber reactive dyes via a (relatively) brief immersion process -- as well as how to manipulate fabric by binding, folding, stitching, clamping and pole wrapping, to create your own beautiful, unique resist-patterned cloth.

For further information and to register online, see my Workshops Page.  You can also register directly with Origin.

For more images of my work with shibori, click here.

5 comments:

Approachable Art said...

I would love to take this class with you!

Jan said...

Here's my testimonial: I had an informal class with Connie last summer and it was FABULOUS! So exciting to unwrap that fabric. Maybe better than sex. Well, almost.

Connie did the dye mixing for us, and I'm sure she will be an excellent teacher and guide on this aspect, too.

I wish I could beam myself up from Santa Cruz and take the class.

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Wish you were closer Connie!

*TheMermaid* said...

Fun! I hope you have a great turnout.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Cool!