Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Delightful Days

The last three days were pure delights for me ~ I never even left the studio/home except to walk across the street to the mailbox.  I really needed the solid creative time...and that paved the way for my next two weekends, both 5 days each because of the holidays.

This piece is the eighth In Dreams mini quilt, on raw silk.  I collaged much more than usual these past days -- I'd fallen a bit behind -- but I caught up with 2 or 3 pieces a day.  I completed the Fiberactions "environment" quilt and am working on the frame as we speak.

I also spent a lot of time feeling absolutely sublime ~ listening to the rain, feeling the cool breeze, hanging out with BeeGee, and reading another of many books on Italy -- this one, The Hills of Tuscany by Ferenc Mate.  I love reading about others' adventures recreating their lives from elsewhere, in Italy.

Hope you have a wonderful week leading up to Christmas, and a blessed holiday season.

6 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Your last three days sound like heaven to me...soul building. I have had a different version in that I have been getting lots of necessary chores done ...that are garden related. House to follow soon. Winter must be perfect for you to pursue the artistic time.

Love this piece. The quiet peacefulness with the unrestrained flight of the dove make me feel calm and accepting.

Vicki W said...

Sounds like a perfect long weekend!

Nora said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful and productive time. Don't you love days like that to just get lost in? I love your collage and the dove is very appropriate. That's you flying free and unencumbered. We all should be like that dove.

Chris Gray said...

I'm glad you've had some creative time to enjoy!

I hope you have even more in 2011 :-)

x Chris

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Always such beautiful inspiring work
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Connie
Carolyn x

Emma said...

Lovely piece & those bookends worked beautifully!Thank you for your Christmas wishes, I hope you had as peaceful a time as I did.