Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What's New

This piece is the first in a new series I'm working on.  Rather than being a collage quilt, this is a quilted collage -- one of my daily collages, manipulated in Photoshop, printed on fabric, then quilted.  Quilt size is 8.5x11" mounted on a black-gessoed 11x14" stretched canvas.  Let me know what you think.

It's a gorgeous autumn morning on the North Coast, what I call a sterling day -- sunshine and no clouds, crisp breeze, and everything feels right with the world.  Hope you have a good one!

6 comments:

Jan said...

I love this! I've been telling friends that this is one of the things you do--have you done this before? Did I dream it?

Julie said...

I agree, I like this quilted collage. I have been enjoying your collages for the Sketchbook Project.

Sandy said...

This new direction is great-very nice.

The Idaho Beauty said...

I think it's great - a definite connection to the collage, another way to use the manipulation printed on fabric. You continue to help my addled brain think beyond the obvious when it comes to photo transfers on fabric.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

I love it! I was very drawn to the texture created by the quilting when I first saw it.

Royce said...

Beautiful colors and texture - excellent design. Also love the blue fiber art in "Moving Right Along" - love the different fabrics.