Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Penultimate Piece

The next to the last in the series -- Star of David.  This is the Great Synagogue in Florence, IT, a gorgeous, blue-domed house of worship for Florence's Jewish community of 2000 people.  Unfortunately I never saw the inside.  I'll make a point of doing so on my next trip to Italy!

I actually took a day off yesterday -- my first complete day with no art and no work in over a year.  I'd gone to sleep early on Sunday evening, slept nearly 12 hours...watched Castle episodes online for a while late morning, then read and dozed all afternoon.  And got another 8+ hours sleep last night.  Today I feel great.  I think all the recent changes just caught up with me.  But maybe I'll let myself do this more often!

I'm slowly getting into Tuesday.  It's a beautiful day out and I plan to enjoy it, whatever I do!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Very nice...and nice to hear about your lazy, rejuvenating days and nights. Good for you!

BTW, "penultimate" is one of my favorite words.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Definitely, very nice. Happy to hear that you are allowing yourself to rest.

Nora said...

It's good to rest after such an enervating time. You had a lot to get over. And now you can start again.

susan christensen said...

Connie, congratulations on allowing yourself a day off to REST. I really like the blue fabrics in this piece, as well as the combination of commercial cottons with your hand dyeds.

ger said...

Pleasant how the blues seem to cuddle up to each other in the last photo - + I like the Urban Ikat a lot... - thanks for stopping by at Gerdiary...