Friday, July 23, 2010

Wednesday thru Friday

My new obsession! After what felt like an iffy start in my Sketchbook, I'm on a roll. I like the small format a lot.

I'm also glad the week's over. It was a busy one, I worked hard. And now I'm ready for a visit with an old (not as in age) girlfriend whom I haven't seen in 20 years, who'll be camping out in my studio until Wednesday morning. We'll be making art -- lots of collage, plus shibori and discharge as well.

Hope you have a splendid weekend!

6 comments:

Nora said...

You're on a roll. There is no end to your output. Have fun with your friend, It sounds like it will be a very productive few days.

Gerrie said...

I want to camp out in your studio!!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Me too...I want to camp out as well. These latest three collages are fabulous. Viewers are so going to enjoy your sketchbook in the future. Have a great time with your friend.

tiedyejudy said...

Connie, I really LOVE what you are doing here! The colors and textures are wonderful! And do enjoy your visit... what a great way to rebond!

Approachable Art said...

I'm also digging the small format... I almost never work small and it's great to bring my focus in a little tighter on what I'm doing. Love the direction you're taking. I have no doubt that if I stumbled on this journal in the Austin show, I'd know instantly who did it. :D

artymess said...

Love the collages.....Its good to be back in blogland after a busy few weeks at school.....x