Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Photo Quilting

And here's number four in the series, called Florence Windows. I love this one -- I rather love them all! -- especially the background fabric on the left, a recently dyed/printed/stencil stamped piece. After much consideration, I decided to name the last piece, shown here, Descent to the Lake.

I have another one of these ready to go, another one in process, and several more in the planning stage. They're very enjoyable to make, I like the way my unusual fabrics set off the digital images.

Today I began quilting my Fiberactions memory challenge piece, due July 15. But I'm pretty sure I'll be ripping out most of the quilting tomorrow morning...it wasn't really what I wanted when I left the studio today. Sometimes you just have to jump in and try something before you know for sure whether or not it satisfies your vision. But kudos to me for being gutsy enough to just go for it!

6 comments:

Approachable Art said...

Kudos, indeed. :D

Love the 4th piece in the series!

Nora said...

I really like this one, Connie, and all the details you put in it. It's great! I love the windows shot.

淑貞 said...

失去金錢的人,失去很多;失去朋友的人,失去更多;失去信心的人,失去所有。..................................................................

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Absolutely beautiful work Connie

Carolyn x

Kim said...

Love these two, Connie, especially that stencilled piece. Yes, kudos indeed!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Beautiful pieces. I love that fabric on the left. All the backgrounds go so well with the photos. I like to think that they evoke the mood of the place. Good for you jumping in and seeing if what you have in your mind translates to the fabric. I think too much about it.