Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stairway to Heaven

I made this 10x10" framed piece recently, for a one-on-one exchange with my online pal and fellow Fiberactions challenge group member, Judy Alexander. As luck would have it, 1) this weekend was her birthday and she received the quilt just before; and 2) she's a long time fan of Led Zeppelin, so the name of the quilt really resonates for her. I'm so glad!

The central image is one of my digital photos from Italy, circa late 2007, recently transformed with the PolaDroid app. I just love the colors!

5 comments:

Deb H said...

It's beautiful. The gate reminds me of a photo I took in Barcelona Spain,

Emma said...

A wonderful colorful stairway to heaven, lucky Judy!

esquiltingpassion said...

Stairway To Heaven has always been a favorite of mine with many good memories to go with the listening. Your piece is beautiful, I just want to walk up the steps and open the gate.
Elaine

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

ooh this is neat Connie, Lucky Judy! and I love your convergence studies - all are wonderful.

Vicki W said...

Fabulous!