Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Special Project

This is the special project I mentioned Monday morning -- a 10x10" quilt of Kirby, entitled Psycho Kitty, that will be mounted on a frame today. I made this because I'm going to have a few of my pet portraits on display at the Sequoia Humane Society, where I work as bookkeeper/webmaster. I'll be offering custom quilted pet portraits, with a portion of the proceeds being donated back to SHS.

Now I've got to make a couple of new portraits of BeeGee, since the Kirby quilts are far more indicative of my current quilting style than the earlier ones of BeeGee.

Also yesterday, I completed another quilt in process, which I'll upload tomorrow. I seem to be on a roll this week!

9 comments:

Jan said...

This is fun--love the title. Don't know what it is about tuxedo cats, but they are just full of something! Pet portrait quilts--what a good idea.

Diane Wright said...

I really like what you've done with your psycho-kitty. especially his whiskers.

Gerrie said...

Love this one!!

Approachable Art said...

Totally adorable.

tiedyejudy said...

Awwwww.... he is too gorgeous! But I do think I see a little mischief in his eyes... great job, Connie! And I can't wait to see Bee-Gee's quilt! Two very handsome boys, and Mom sure can capture them!

Meg in Nelson said...

I have been wondering about the Bee-Gee/Kirby imbalance and every time you posted I got the urge to ask. Glad to know you're thinking about his portraits! :-)

artymess said...

this is great i used to have a cat that looked just like that his name was Willum and we loved him dearly ....

Kim said...

Aw, this is really sweet. Usually your pieces are so sophisticated... a little cute is a nice break sometimes!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

WOW Super capture of Kirby. Love it. Going to put it on my desktop for a while so my girls can check him out. They will wonder where Beeg went to.